Owned by the nearby Columbus Zoo, which also owns Jungle Jack's Landing, Zoombezi Bay Water Park offers a fun and family friendly day out. There are lots of thrilling slides here that will entertain kids and adults alike. A lot of these rides really are big and will have children begging to go on them again!
Things to Do
- Special activities are organized on different dates throughout the year at the park. Movie showings take place on select Fridays throughout the summer months as part of their "Dive-in Movies" series.
- Special educational days also take place for home school and regular school students. With animal presentations and hands on activities students will learn all about various scientific concepts and about nature too.
- The Big Boa Falls will whip you all around and allow you to experience zero gravity as you careen at a crazy pace through an enclosed tunnel.
- Thrill seekers should also try out the Python Plunge which fires them uphill and out into a 70 foot long landing pool! Or if you just want a rest then chill out on the Croctail Creek lazy river that contains 203,000 gallons of water.
Zoombezi Bay Insider Tips
- Your admission to Zoombezi Bay also includes admission to the Columbus Zoo on the day of your visit. Two day tickets for the water park and the zoo are also on offer so you can make a full weekend out of your visit!
- Though you are not allowed to bring your own food into the water park you can bring whatever food you like into the Zoo. The water park makes coolers available at their entrance. You can leave your food here and when you get hungry take it to the Zoo, eat there, and then return to the slides!
- You can download a map of both Zoombezi Bay and Columbus Zoo from the water park's website.